Terms & Conditions
The Kensington Paperie Terms of Service Agreement
This agreement was last modified on 7 June 2023
Please read in full these Terms of Service when using thekensingtonpaperie.com which is owned and operated by Alexandra Fellowes, the premises of which is 3 Neville Terrace, London SW7 3AT. This Agreement outlines and documents the terms and conditions attached to the use of thekensingtonpaperie.com (the Website) which are legally binding.
By accessing the Site in any way (placing orders, viewing or browsing the Site, or otherwise using our services) you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of the following Agreement. Furthermore by using these services you will be subject to any stated guidelines or rules applicable. By accessing the Site you are participating in our services which constitutes acceptance of the Agreement; if you do not agree to abide by these terms kindly do not use this service.
2. Whilst we strive to make the information on the Site as informative and accurate as possible, we are not liable for any inaccuracies or omissions of any information on the site. Please be aware that aesthetic changes in manufacture can occur and whilst our images are taken of and represent the product as closely as possible, and the basic functionality is preserved, we are not responsible for small changes in colour and materials.
3. Please note that images may not always be to scale so be sure to check the product description for dimensions and other product specifications. Furthermore whilst we make every attempt to faithfully represent our products in photography, these are without liability and colours can vary slightly from computer to computer due to screen colour calibration. For further information or clarification on any of our products don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
4. This Site and all of its original content are the sole property of Alexandra Fellowes, T/A The Kensington Paperie and are, as such, fully protected by the relevant international copyright and other intellectual property rights laws. As such they cannot, including images and written information, be reproduced without express permission.
5. For press enquiries or other queries in regards to using our material please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. All orders are packed and shipped upon receipt of payment; if a payment method is declined or found to be fraudulent we are unable to ship the items.
7. For ecological and financial reasons, we are unable to accept any orders under the value of £10 (not including shipping). Any orders placed not meeting this minimum will be cancelled and refunded. You will receive a notification of cancellation to explain this.
8. Payments placed through the website are handled securely by Shopify Payments: The Kensington Paperie does not handle or hold any credit card information for orders placed online.
9. Whilst we strive to make sure that the website is up to date and accurate, if, exceptionally, we are out of stock of the product you have purchased we will call or email you to notify you of the situation and offer a refund, later delivery date or recommend an alternative product. You may be asked for additional shipment costs if you choose to receive a product as a back order.
Pricing and Availability
10. All prices are inclusive of legally applicable VAT.
11. We list availability information for products sold by us on the website including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. As we process your order, we will inform you by email as soon as possible if any products you order turn out to be unavailable and you will not be charged for those products. Please note that any delay arising from out-of-stock or unavailable products is without liability.
Refund and Returns Policy
12. As per UK Consumer Contracts regulation (formerly Distance Selling regulation) if for any reason you are unhappy with your order or if you have changed your mind, any product can be sent back for an exchange or full refund provided the recipient files a returns request 14 days after receiving the order. If approved, you have a further 14 days from the request date to ship the items back to us. This does not apply to dated items such as diaries, as well as perishable goods such as food items.
13. Before sending back please email us to notify us in writing at email@example.com of your return request; items can only be returned once the request is approved.
14. Any returned item must be sent back in the same condition in which it was received, unused and resalable, taking care to ensure to pack the items carefully to remove the possibility of damage. This must include all original packaging pertaining to each product. Where items can be viewed and inspected without opening the outer-packaging, this must be returned unsealed, for example leather items must not be handled and stay in their plastic wrap unopened if they are to be returned.
15. We are unable to accept returned items that have been in some way damaged or used. Where outer packaging is missing or damaged in a way that the item cannot be sold again at full price, we reserve the right to refuse the return or to subtract the loss in value incurred by the loss of packaging.
16. Please note that any outgoing and return postage costs incurred in an exchange or return are at the buyer’s cost. In the case of an international order, local imports costs (taxes and charges) will not be refunded.
17. Where complimentary shipping has been offered, in case of return, cost of shipping will be deducted from the refunded total.
18. We also reserve the right to refuse returned dated items. In the case of diaries, once the year of the diary has started, as per UK Consumer Contracts regulation (formerly Distance Selling regulation).
19. Please note that any items purchased to feature as a prop in commercial photography or film, whether published or not, or for any other styling purposes, such as interior decoration, is deemed to have been purchased for commercial use as a B2B transaction and therefore does not fall under UK consumer contract regulation and as such we cannot accept a return.
20. In the instance that an order qualifies for free shipping, and the returned amount means that the original purchase would no longer qualify for free shipping, the cost of shipment will be deducted from the refunded amount.
Faulty goods or erroneously sent goods
21. If you have received any damaged or faulty items, or if your order is wrong or incomplete please let us know at your earliest convenience at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will rectify the situation. In case of an order being damaged or incomplete, you must retain all original packaging outer and inner, including packing materials in order to make any claim.
22. In case of items received damaged (in transit for example) this must be reported within 24 hours of receipt; kindly provide images of any external box damage as this helps us when placing a claim for damage. Please inspect your order before use as we cannot accept any goods damaged in transit once they have been used. Equally, where goods received are wrong and do not match what was ordered this must be reported to us on reception; any product sent in error or not matching your order must be returned in unused condition if it is to be exchanged.
23. Where goods have been sent as a gift to a third party recipient the same above terms and conditions apply. We advise that you inform the recipient of the order to expect delivery and that you should follow delivery progress, where tracking is available, to ensure the order is safely received.
24. Any orders sent as a gift to a third party where goods are received damaged or are incorrect must be reported on reception or within 24 hours of receipt.
25. If you choose to leave a package unopened for an extended period of time beyond the 14 day returns period, including when products are gift wrapped, for Christmas for example, you will not be able to return these if they are faulty, or damaged, or the order is wrong. You are responsible for inspecting your order in full on arrival so any issue can be dealt with in a timely manner.
26. Delivery times do not include picking and packing time allowance. We aim to dispatch orders in a timely manner but please note that during busy periods our processing time can stretch to over a week.
27. Orders placed after 1pm on Fridays and at the weekend will be dispatched on Monday at the earliest.
28. Shipping dates are estimates, not guaranteed. No guarantee as to exact dates is to be implied and no liability will be accepted for any loss or damage occasioned by delay in delivery however caused. Delivery times and should not be relied upon as such.
29. Whilst the best efforts are made to meet delivery deadlines, delays outside of our control may happen and any delay will not incur any liability to The Kensington Paperie. If you do have a delivery deadline please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and we will try our hardest to meet it.
30. We are not responsible for items that have been returned to us due to unsuccessful delivery; in the case that an order is unexpectedly returned to the shop we will be in touch and if you would like the order to be redelivered we can arrange repayment for the shipping of your choice.
35. In the instance that a product is damaged or lost in transit please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. In case of an order being damaged or incomplete, you must retain all original packaging outer and inner, including packing materials in order to make any claim.
36. For couriered delivery, in the event that a parcel has not been delivered as expected beyond the time allowance for any arrangements for redelivery you are responsible for reporting this loss in a timely manner. Specifically when receiving an order by DHL Express, following an email advising delivery on the delivery day, if this delivery is marked as "delivered" on the DHL tracking page but this has not been in fact received or you believe there has been a delivery erroneous or anomaly with delivery you are required to report this within 7 days so we can assist with recovery.
37. You are responsible for providing a valid and serviceable shipping address as well as being available to receive delivery. If the number of re-delivery attempts is exceeded and an order is returned to us you will be refunded minus the outgoing cost of shipment and any cost incurred in recovering the parcel.
38. You may be required to wait 30 days to receive your order from the date of purchase to receive your order should any unexpected delivery delay arise. We require a further 30 days from the expected delivery day to carry out the necessary searches and investigation and establish that a parcel really is lost, and not delayed before reshipping or refunding your items.
39. If you cannot be present to receive delivery you are responsible for tracking delivery and making arrangements with our courier company to ensure safe delivery. The courier will send an email on the day of delivery to allow for re-delivery or delivery to a safe place or neighbour in case of absence. Alexandra Fellowes, T/A The Kensington Paperie accepts no liability resulting from loss or theft of any parcel made with your explicit permission to leave the parcel in a safe place or with a neighbour, or any other non-nominative address.
40. Alexandra Fellowes, T/A The Kensington Paperie accepts no liability for loss or theft of parcels beyond the point of delivery for parcels shipped to a delivery address where parcels are received in an unsupervised communal area. In buildings such as apartment buildings or workplaces where in-person receipt of parcels is not possible, or where access to a nominative door is restricted, loss or theft of any parcel resulting from such logistical restriction is the customer's responsibility and no refund will be made in case of loss or theft.
41. Alexandra Fellowes, T/A The Kensington Paperie reserves the right to refuse orders made using proxy delivery address services. By using a proxy delivery address you agree to waive any right to claim in regards to damage, loss, faulty goods made beyond the point of delivery to the proxy delivery address. We do not accept any liability arising from any losses or damage due to typos or errors in any identifying information relating to the proxy delivery address company's parcel own processing and subsequent logistics and not directly relevant to geographic delivery address or recipients legal name made by our own courier.
Alexandra Fellowes, T/A The Kensington Paperie reserves the right to refuse delivery to PO boxes. Where the shipping address is entered as a PO box, it is the customer's responsibility to ensure the PO box is serviceable. Where this is not the case, cost of recovery and return of the parcel is at the customer's cost and a £10 additional fee may be charged for recovery.
43. With very few exceptions, as of January 25th 2021, we ship to all worldwide destinations using only our fully couriered DHL Express service. Once shipped you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your tracking number and information.
44. For domestic orders DHL express functions as a next day service but do remember to account for our own processing times; the shipping time of our courier only refers to the time once collected from our premises.
45. For international orders the delivery date varies depending on the distance and remoteness of the delivery address but still functions as a fast service; shipping to New York for example using this method would arrive only 2 days after the shipment date; to South Korea it could take 3-4 days.
46. When ordering products for delivery outside of mainland UK you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance, including customs processing charges, must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from Choosing Keeping you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the products.
47. Please note that the above charges may include a customs clearance processing fee to the courier company.
48. Your privacy is important to us and we would like our international customers to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
49. In the case where local import taxes and charges have been levied but failed to be paid by the customer and the parcel is returned to us, we will be entitled to deduct the cost of recovering the parcel from the amount to be re-credited to you. If the parcel is not or cannot be returned due to unpaid local import charges and taxes, no refund will be applicable. A £15 restocking fee if you refuse to pay customs will also be charged and minused from your refund.
Notification of changes
50. Please note that Alexandra Fellowes, T/A The Kensington Paperie, reserves the right to change the terms stated above at any time it sees fit and continued use of the Site and services indicates acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions about the above please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at 3 Neville Terrace, London SW7 3AT