Definitions and Interpretations
Data - All information submitted to and collected by The Kensington Paperie via the Website.
Data Protection Laws - All applicable laws relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive), the GDPR, any national laws, regulations or secondary legislation as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK.
GDPR - The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679
The Kensington Paperie, we or us - Alexandra Fellowes T/A The Kensington Paperie, 3 Neville Terrace, London SW7 3AT
User or you - any third party who accesses the website who is not employed by Alexandra Fellowes T/A The Kensington Paperie and acting in the course of their employment or someone who is engaged as a consultant to Alexandra Fellowes T/A The Kensington Paperie and is accessing the website in connection with these services.
Website - the website you are currently using: thekensingtonpaperie.com and any sub-domains of this site.
3. For purposes of any applicable Data Protection Laws, The Kensington Paperie is the “data controller” which means we determine the purposes for which your Data is processed.
How Data is collected
4. We collect Data in two ways:
a/ data provided by you, the user.
b/ data that is collected automatically.
Data you provide
5. Any Data provided by you through the website, for example when placing orders the order information is collected such as shipping and billing address, telephone number, e-mail address.
6. Any Data collected when you contact us through the website - by telephone, post, e-mail or any other means.
Data Automatically collected
7. When using the Website some Data is automatically collected. This is done in order for us to maintain and make improvements to the Website; it includes your IP address, date, the way you use and interact with the website.
8. Data is collected using cookies which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your Data
9. We use your data to fulfil any orders placed through the Website including arranging shipping, sending shipping confirmation emails and invoices.
10. We also use the data to communicate with you with any relevant information relating to your order or upcoming events and updates where suitable.
11. Your data is also used to help us screen for potential risk of fraud, in particular your IP address is used for this. We reserve the right to cancel suspicious or potentially fraudulent orders.
12. More generally your Data is used to help us optimise the Website for ease of use, generating analytics about how it is interacted with and how it is accessed.
Sharing your Data
13. We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
14. We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
15. If you are a resident of the United Kingdom, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
16. If you have a complaint about how your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to a relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner Office (ICO).
17. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
19. For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
The Kensington Paperie, 3 Neville Terrace, London SW7 3AT